This event has everything you could ever want:
What is a clothing swap?
Clothing swaps are amazing events where you donate all of the clothes that you don’t want, and shop for a new wardrobe for FREE. Bring your donations to the event or drop them off early at Covenant Hood River Church and our crew of volunteers will display all of the donated clothes at the event on clothing racks and tables. Then you take home whatever you want, no quantity restrictions or limitations.
Some people have expressed concern in the past about women abusing the no limit rule, or being greedy, or pushy, but we do not find that to be the case. In fact, this event often promotes encouragement, fun, and new friendships with all different types of women of all ages.
Entry into this event is one or two lightly used or new articles of clothing, shoes, or accessories (although if you want to bring bags and bags or clothes….we will be more than thrilled). If you do not have any of these items, please feel free to message me privately, we would love for everyone to attend this event, especially if you are in need of clothes.
1. Are the clothes gross? We vet clothes before we put them out, getting rid of anything that is smelly or too old. Please wash any clothes you are donating!
2. Are clothes displayed by size? We try to organize by size as best we can, but things often get mixed around during the event! We do organize by general types of clothes such as pants, shirts, dresses, etc. There will be volunteers sorting throughout the event to make it as easy and fun for you as possible.
3. Can I bring my kids? Kids are more than welcome, however we do ask that you keep the boys out of the changing rooms. Also, we ask that you monitor you children to keep them from being destructive.
4. Are there changing rooms? There will be limited private changing space. There will be an area sectioned off for changing, but there will often be other women in there as well. We recommend wearing undershirts and leggings if you wish for privacy.
5. Can I drop off donations early? YES! YES! YES! If you are cleaning out your closet now, PLEASE drop it all off early! The church office (see address above) is open Tuesdays & Wednesdays 9-5, Thursdays 9-1, and Fridays 9:30-3. However, if you message me, I am often willing to come in early or stay late if you need to drop off before or after work!
6. What if I want to come hang out and eat desserts…but I don’t want to participate? We would LOVE to have you. =) No need to bring any donations =)
7. Will there be bags provided? We have a limited number of paper bags on hand, and they tend to break easier than reusable bags. Please bring your own if you can! You can definitely use the same bag you brought your donated items in, we will give it back to you ASAP.
8. Can I donate children’s clothes? Yes, however, we will not be swapping children’s clothes at this event. We will save them for our children’s clothing swap we will be hosting in October!
9. Where do all of the extra clothes go at the end of the event? We keep them and give them to anybody who comes to the church in need!
Invite your friends!
If you would like to volunteer, we would love to have you on our team! Just message me and I will get you the details!