Build Your Website
The no coding, no stress, no WordPress way to get a beautiful website for your business or project.
Getting a website up and running can be complicated, time consuming, and costly. WordPress might seem like the way to go because it’s free, right? In reality there are many issues that make WordPress an expensive platform, especially over the long term. Or maybe you’ve got a site started, but it’s been halfway done forever and now you’re totally out of patience. Maybe you’re having a hard time finding a developer or you think you need special coding powers to do it yourself (and wondering how you’ll find time when you’re so busy already)?
Whether you’re just starting out or feel like pulling your hair out, come to this 2-hour hands on workshop to build your own mobile-responsive, SEO-friendly, commerce-ready website. No design or coding skills required! Sound crazy? It’s totally possible using Squarespace—a tool that empowers you to share your work online and create an impactful, stylish, and easy-to-manage website.
YOU’LL LEARN HOW TO:
- work with templates
- create and update basic web pages with different layouts
- lay out and style your content
- adjust fonts and colors
- set up key functional components like a blog or online store
- navigate the Squarespace administration interface
- optimize your site for SEO
- integrate email, social media, and other tools to help grow your business
- prepare and launch your site
YOU’LL LEAVE WITH:
- a new, user-friendly 1-3 page website
- the knowledge and confidence to update your website’s content so it grows with your business
- a discount on your first year of Squarespace subscription (plans start at $144 annually before discount and include all features, hosting, back-ups, and software updates)
- a take-home packet to help guide you through your new website
PREREQS & PREPARATION
- First of all—no design or coding skills are necessary!
- You must bring a laptop to class.
- You’ll receive a short task list to help you get the most of the class.
ABOUT THE INSTRUCTOR
Lisa Mullis of Paraphrase Communications has been building websites for more than 12 years and teaching design theory and application for longer. In that time she’s worked with many clients on many website platforms including WordPress for about eight years (which she still finds suitable for certain situations) before switching to Squarespace almost exclusively about two years ago. While adept with website development, Lisa’s primary focus is the content that goes on the pages since text and imagery are often the most difficult aspects of any website project. Learn more about Lisa and Paraphrase at: www.paraphrasecomm.com.